Rhode Island Seminars & Conferences
Give Your Elderly Clients Sound Legal Advice
Planning for long-term care is rapidly becoming the single largest expense elderly clients can expect. In this engaging legal course, experienced attorney faculty will evaluate various LTC funding options and help you navigate Medicaid eligibility planning as well as family caregiver agreements. Enhance your elder law expertise – register today!
- Keep up to date with the latest options for long-term care funding – and help your client live a fulfilling life.
- Use gifting effectively to plan for Medicaid well ahead of time.
- Stay on the cutting edge of the law – learn how legislative changes affect your practice.
- Maximize your clients’ use of excluded assets in planning for Medicaid.
- Learn how to draft enforceable caregiver contracts.
- Prevent transferee misconduct and other care plan implementation problems.
- Explore effective ways of protecting your client’s home.
- Get a practical legal ethics compliance guide focused specifically on elder law practice challenges.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed for elder law and estate planning attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, nursing home administrators, trust officers, accountants, social workers, geriatric care managers, and other professionals working with elder clients on planning issues.
- Funding Sources for Long-Term Care
- Medicaid Eligibility: General Rules
- Medicaid Qualifying Asset Transfers
- Caregiver Agreements and Elder Care Mediation
- Potential Problems in Plan Implementation
- Legal Ethics in the Elder Law Practice