Rhode Island Seminars & Conferences
Prevent the Estate Administration Process From Getting Bogged Down in Problems
Complex estates, poor planning, dysfunctional families and other hitches can quickly complicate an estate administration. Do you know how to handle these snags without tacking on unnecessary expenses or prolonging the process? In this program, seasoned faculty will teach you how to avoid or troubleshoot common problems and settle an estate as efficiently as possible. Fine tune your estate administration skills – register today!
- Minimize frustrations by helping clients understand the process and time it takes.
- Determine what to do with missing wills or interpretation problems.
- Find out how to best deal with the personal representative gone rogue.
- Troubleshoot a variety of asset issues, including missing assets, real estate problems and more.
- Gain best practices for handling complicated creditor claims.
- Pick up tips for overcoming frustrations with income tax returns.
- Make the right decisions when it comes to portability and estate, gift and GST tax dilemmas.
- Discover how others deal with difficult or uncooperative beneficiaries and heirs.
- Avoid conflicts of interest and other legal ethics challenges in estate administration.
- Get real-world solutions to final accounting and closing conundrums.
Who Should Attend
This two-day, intermediate level seminar is designed for:
- Tax Professionals
- Financial Planners
- Trust Officers/Administrators/Managers
- Course Content
- Client Misunderstandings About the Process
- Impediments to Initial Steps and Notices, Opening the Estate
- Personal Representative/Trustee Problems
- Marshalling the Assets: Key Complications
- Creditor’s Claims Frustrations
- Spouse Elective Share and Disclaimer Difficulties
- Business Complications in Estate Administration
- Income Tax Return Troubles and Tips
- Portability and Estate, Gift, GST Tax Headaches
- Beneficiary and Heir Problems
- Distribution Dilemmas
- Legal Ethics Challenges in Estate Administration
- Final Accounting and Closing Hitches
- Sticky Estate and Trust Contests, Disputes, Challenges
Continuing Education Credit
- Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 16.00 *
- International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 1.40
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 16.00 *
* denotes specialty credits