Rhode Island Seminars & Conferences
Get the Latest on Medicaid Application and Asset Planning Tactics
Middle class Americans seeking asset protection cannot afford to ignore the potentially devastating costs of nursing home and other long-term care. Nursing homes are among the most common and largest creditors an average American is likely to face in his or her lifetime, but only about 10% of the population has long-term care insurance. For the other 90%, Medicaid is the primary source of payment, so a basic understanding of the Medicaid asset protection process is vital for all professionals who work with seniors and their families. This course will provide an overview of asset protection concepts and strategies that elder law attorneys can use to legally and ethically protect assets while facilitating earlier Medicaid eligibility; and a set of crisis-management tools to prevent and correct inadvertent loss of benefits. Register today!
- Learn what the income eligibility requirements are when applying for Medicaid.
- Protect your clients’ interests by knowing what’s exempt and what’s not.
- Employ the most practical and effective asset transfer methods to comply with the spend-down requirement.
- Explore crisis planning methods to restore Medicaid benefits as quickly as possible.
- Guide clients through the Medicaid qualification process by knowing what’s involved.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for:
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Social Workers
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Trust Officers
- Accountants and CPAs
- Estate and Financial Planners
- Applying for Medicaid – The Four Eligibility Requirements
- Pre-Need Asset Planning
- Crisis Planning and Assistance
- Trust-Based Medicaid Planning in Detail
- Using Special Needs Trusts – Sample Trust Review
- Applied Legal Ethics
Effectively Prepare Your Clients for Medicaid Eligibility
Are you confident you’re utilizing all the transfer techniques that can help your clients protect assets while qualifying for Medicaid? This practical guide will give you the knowledge and skills you’ll need to help clients comply with lookback requirements and income and resource criteria. From simple approaches like gifting to the more complex Medicaid trusts – learn what works and get sample documents to ensure all your approaches are implemented impeccably. Register today!
- Clarify Medicaid resource and transfer eligibility and find out what techniques work best.
- Save drafting time with sample Medicaid trust provisions.
- Learn what can be done when long-term care need is imminent.
- Tackle interstate issues without jeopardizing eligibility.
Who Should Attend
This Medicaid legal guide is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants and paralegals.
- Medicaid: Resource and Transfer Eligibility
- Strategic Use of Medicaid Trusts
- Maximizing Pre-Need Asset Planning Techniques
- What to do When the Need for Medicaid is Immediate